Scope: The incumbent will be charged with providing responsible and comprehensive clerical and administrative support to the President/CEO and other duties as may be assigned by the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
A. Executive Assistant
· Aid the President/CEO in coordinating external and internal contacts, meetings, and programs.
· Direct and prepare agendas, memorandums, records, files, reports, minutes of meetings, maintain calendar of appointments, collect, and summarize data and compose correspondence.
· Provide sound judgment in dealing with administrative matters and communications with senior business, governmental, industrial prospects, and contacts.
· Provide administrative and technical support with respect to private and confidential records, meetings and conversations between the President, staff, Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
· Notify members of meetings for Chamber Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Joint Economic & Community Development Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Industrial Development Board, Existing Industry Board, and Highlands Initiative Steering Committee. Record minutes and maintain all records pertaining to meetings.
· Coordinate routine business matters pertaining to the administration of the Chamber Office including but not limited to creating and distributing.
· Keeping the committees, boards, etc. updated on the OneDrive.
· Responsible for setting up the A/V for the meetings, if needed.
· Responsible for making sure all minutes are signed and kept as they are permanent records.
· Receive and schedule visitors and phone calls.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
B. Leadership Putnam Coordinator
· To build and carry out the Leadership Putnam Program as prescribed by the Leadership Putnam Bylaws.
· Organize Leadership Putnam Orientation Retreat – provide class with information binders/name tags/schedules.
· Schedule monthly program days and agendas.
· Keep a record of class attendance, participation etc. required for graduation.
· Oversee group projects and deadlines.
· Present a positive image in the community.
· Prepare an annual budget for the program working with the Vice President of Operations.
· LP grant applications
· Familiar and comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to compose correspondence using correct grammar and composition skills
· Ability to interact effectively with senior executives, civic leaders, and the public
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Working knowledge of modern office technology, procedures, and practices, particularly word processing skills
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
· Three or more years previous experience as a senior administrative assistant (preferred)
· Non-profit experience (preferred).
· Interpersonal skills
Items Required for Application:
2. Cover Letter
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Lynne Matthews at email@example.com, (931) 526-2211
Accepting applications until position is filled.
The Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other criteria protected by local, state, or federal law.