Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
Position: Leslie Town Centre Event Director
Reports to: VP of Operations
Reports to Incumbent: (2 or 3) College students (part time) to set up/tear down/work meetings/events
The incumbent, under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, is charged with the day-to-day operation of the Leslie Town Centre, a civic center type facility owned by the City of Cookeville, and managed for the City by the Chamber of Commerce.
Examples of Work Performed:
1) Coordinates with clients or organization to carry out plans for various types of events, estimates costs, and assists with catering and additional equipment rental when needed.
2) Handles all of the logistical aspects of events, from small meetings to large conferences to weddings, etc.
3) Holds initial meeting with client or organization to gather general information about date, size, and type of event, projected length of event, and necessary amenities.
4) Develops proposal showing the cost of room and requested amenities and secures contract with client’s signature and payment information.
5) Trains and schedules part-time event personnel assuring guest needs are met and the building is clean.
6) Manages event calendar and all communications including tracking and creating any and all correspondence, and oversees social media and website design.
7) Requires accuracy, project management skills, and excellent communication skills not only in dealing with high-level business executives, but also in handling marketing ads, press releases, etc., and the PBA event staff.
8) Assists with event to provide services or solve problems that may occur immediately prior to or during event such as set up issues, technical issues (sound, computer, lighting), etc.
9) Tracks and provides reporting on payments and discounted fees.
10) Oversees “Together We Care” program for our nonprofit patrons.
Examples of Work Performed – continued:
11) Handles every aspect of LTC fundraising events, such as Mistletoe Market.
12) Purchases all building services supplies.
13) Schedules lawn maintenance and janitorial services.
14) Maintains overall building maintenance/inspection manual and schedules services as needed.
15) Addresses any and all building issues as they arise, such as roof repairs, heating and cooling problems, chiller or ice machine breakdowns, etc.
16) Liaises with clients, suppliers, and technical staff to ensure a professional and successful outcome is reached.
17) Markets facility to targeted potential customers as directed.
18) Performs other duties as may be assigned by Vice President of Operations.
1) Excellent customer service skills
2) Interpersonal skills
4) Attention to detail
5) High School graduate (required)
6) Other specialized training (preferred)
7) Team player
8) Knowledge of QuickBooks (preferred)
9) Ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform general maintenance
Deadline to apply: May 21, 2021