Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
Position: Executive Assistant / Leadership Putnam Coordinator
Reports to: President/CEO
Scope: The incumbent will be charged with providing responsible and comprehensive clerical and administrative support to the President/CEO and other duties as may be assigned by the President.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Executive Assistant
- Aid the President/CEO in coordinating external and internal contacts, meetings, and programs.
- Direct and prepare agendas, memorandums, records, files, reports, minutes of meetings, maintain calendar of appointments, collect, and summarize data and compose correspondence.
- Provide sound judgment in dealing with administrative matters and communications with senior business, governmental, industrial prospects, and contacts.
- Provide administrative and technical support with respect to private and confidential records, meetings and conversations between the President, staff, Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Notify members of meetings for Chamber Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Joint Economic & Community Development Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Industrial Development Board, Existing Industry Board, and Highlands Initiative Steering Committee. Record minutes and maintain all records pertaining to meetings.
- Coordinate routine business matters pertaining to the administration of the Chamber Office including but not limited to creating and distributing
- Receive and schedule visitors and phone calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Leadership Putnam Coordinator
- To build and carry out the Leadership Putnam Program as prescribed by the Leadership Putnam Bylaws.
- Organize Leadership Putnam Orientation Retreat – provide class with information binders/name tags/schedules.
- Schedule monthly program days and agendas.
- Keep a record of class attendance, participation etc. required for graduation.
- Oversee group projects and deadlines.
- Present a positive image in the community.
- Prepare an annual budget for the program working with the Vice President of Operations.
- Familiar and comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask, attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to compose correspondence using correct grammar and composition skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives, civic leaders, and the public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of modern office technology, procedures, and practices, particularly word processing skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Three or more years previous experience as a senior administrative assistant (preferred)
- Non-profit experience (preferred)
- Interpersonal skills
Please submit cover letter and resume to LMatthews@cookevillechamber.com.