COOKEVILLE, TN – The Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the Vice President of Membership Development and Experience.
View full job description below:
Position: VP of Membership Development & Experience
Reports to: Amy New, President/CEO
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000, plus commission.
The VP of Membership Development & Experience is a crucial, senior level position within the chamber. The position is responsible for strengthening relationships with current Chamber members, cultivating new members, and increasing membership revenue with tiered investment partners and non-dues income.
Examples of Work Performed:
1) Develop and implement plans to engage members in order to meet or exceed their expectations and reach our retention goals.
2) Develop and implement a recruitment plan for new members, serving as head membership recruiter for the organization.
3) Recruit and maintain an Ambassador team to involve these key leaders and engaged chamber members to work with the chamber to reach common goals and fulfill the chamber’s mission.
4) Oversee the membership database, Chamber Master, to ensure records for current members, prospective members, sponsoring members, and member contacts are up to date and accurate.
5) Manage, inspire, and engage volunteers, beginning with the ambassadors, to help with new member recruitment, member retention, educational workshops, networking events and the creation of new and relevant programs, ideas, and events.
6) Demonstrate effective interaction with chamber members, chamber staff, chamber board, investors, community leaders, elected officials, university officials, existing businesses, and volunteers who are essential in carrying out the mission of the chamber and success in all chamber programs.
7) Develop strategic partnerships and relationships to support and increase the percentage of members at the higher tiered benefit levels.
8) Work closely with our communications department to provide external content for release including but not limited to weekly and monthly newsletters, press releases, social media content and graphic material.
9) Create, implement, and manage non-dues revenue programs to meet or exceed plan and member expectations in support of Chamber’s annual budget with a partner focus on member ROI.
10) Evaluate member benefits, networking events and member services for needed improvements.
Sales, Management, and Public Relations experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Impeccable oral and written communication
Effective public speaking
Good judgement and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations
Accurate in report preparation and reporting
Reliable in meeting deadlines
Good interpersonal skills on all levels
Proven leadership and supervisory skills
Confident, passionate, and sincere in creating and maintaining a first-class Chamber of Commerce for our members, our community and region
Excellent computer, internet, and organizational skills
Proficient in MS Office and Zoom
Please send resumes to Lynne Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume screening begins November 16, 2020.