Quality of Life
- Within a day's drive of about 75 percent of the nation’s population, at the crossroads of I-40 and U.S. 111.
- Hub of 14-county Upper Cumberland region of about 317,000 citizens.
- Award-winning leisure services.
- Minutes from top-rated golf courses, lakes, rivers, hiking, championship fishing, hunting, and an amazing variety of sports (including Tennessee Tech Athletics) and other activities.
- Retail center for 14 counties. Retail sales of more than $1 billion annually.
- Among the top 40 micropolitan areas in the nation and the largest micropolitan area in Tennessee.
- More than $100 billion in bank deposits annually.
- About 130 of the approximate 200 manufacturing companies in region which provide about 11,152 jobs. Manufacturing is the largest sector of the economy, followed by retail and health care.
- Educational center for the region: Tennessee Tech University of international repute, community colleges, technology centers, and Cookeville High School - the only non-metro school with International Baccalaureate Program in Tennessee,
- Home to about 550 people with PhD's.
- TTU consistently ranks among best universities in academics and value.
- The Cookeville Higher Education Campus is a innovative partnership between Volunteer State Community College, Nashville State Community College and Tennessee Tech University. The first of its kind in the state of Tennessee, students can earn credits and degrees from the individual colleges that can then be seamlessly transferred towards degree programs at Tennessee Tech.
- Health care that is anchored by Cookeville Regional Medical Center, which is one of the nation's top performance improvement leader hospitals and one of only 100 hospitals in the U.S. to make the greatest progress in improving hospital-wide performance over five years.
- Reportedly more Automated External Defibrillators than any other community in the nation.
- One of the smallest cities in the U.S. with a full-blown symphony orchestra - Bryan Symphony Orchestra, a town-grown group based at Tennessee Tech University.
- Home to world-famous TTU Tuba Ensemble, a frequent Carnegie Hall performer.